I’m one of those people that have an overflowing drawer of scarves and I never wear them….and it’s time for me to change that. If you’re looking to amp up your style a little bit or add more detail, then scarves might be the answer to your problem. Sooo, let’s style those scarves that are sitting in the back of your closet:
- bandeau style: take a wider long scarf and wrap it and tie it around your bust; widen the scarf to cover what you want covered. if you are wearing a strapless bra or bandeau underneath, you can tuck it in.
- headband style: take a wider long scarf and place it under your hair in the back; wrap it around to the top of your head, twisting it, then bringing the ends back down to under your hair in the back where you can tie the ends together and tuck it in.
- long choker style: use any skinny long scarf or even a ribbon; tie it all the way around your neck and make sure each end is equal length.
- kimono style: take a big scarf and simply wrap it around your body like a jacket without sleeves.
- turtleneck/choker style: take a wider long scarf and simply tie it around your neck and tuck in the ends.
- on your bag handle style: my favorite! simply tie it around your basket bag or any handle on any bag to add a little something extra to it.
- with a ponytail style: tie your hair up in a fedora and using any longer scarf, tie it around your ponytail holder; leave the ends hanging or tuck it in.
- old hollywood style: using a square scarf, fold it in half so the opposite corners match eachother, and place the triangle shape on the back of your head facing down; tie the ends under your chin. add big sunglasses to complete the look!
- with a fedora style: using your fedora, wrap the scarf around the hat, tie it, and tuck it in.
- flight attendant style: take a square scarf and fold it in half so the opposite corners match eachother; with the triangle shape in the back, tie the ends in the front around your neck; position it to the side.
- warm cozy style: if you have a real big scarf meant for fall and winter and it’s cold outside, this is for you! fold it in half so the opposite corners match eachother, and place the triangle shape in the front; take each end and wrap it around your neck to the opposite side of your body.
Happy scarf styling! Which style is your favorite?